Friday, October 9, 2009

Quotes of the Week

A collection of quotes to make you laugh and make you think in equal measure this week:

"Today the world changes so quickly that in growing up we take leave not just of youth but of the world we were young in"
- Peter Medawar

"Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not; a sense of humor to console him for what he is"
- Sir Francis Bacon

"If you believe everything you read, you better not read"
- Japanese Proverb

"Creationists make it sound like a 'theory' is something you dreamt up after being drunk all night"
- Isaac Asimov

"It has become appallingly obvious that our technology has exceeded our humanity"
- Albert Einstein

"When I get a little money I buy books; and if any is left I buy food and clothes"
- Desiderius Erasmus

"I believe that when I die I shall rot, and nothing of my ego will survive. I am not young, and I love life. But I should scorn to shiver with terror at the thought of annihilation. Happiness is none the less true happiness because it must come to an end, nor do thought and love lose their value because they are not everlasting"
- Bertrand Russell

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by"
- Douglas Adams

"Books are useless! I only ever read one book, "To Kill A Mockingbird," and it gave me absolutely no insight on how to kill mockingbirds! Sure it taught me not to judge a man by the colour of his skin...but what good does that do me?"
- Homer Simpson

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment